MBS extending the COVID-19 Antibody Test through Wednesday, September 30th at our Flowood, Cleveland and Oxford locations as well as select mobiles drives. Not able to find a location or blood drive near you during that time? Stay tuned as we may offer antibody testing again in the near future. The antibody test will indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they have experienced symptoms. We are providing this test as a free service to all donors who complete a successful donation.
Please visit our calendar listing of drives to find an antibody drive near you.
In an effort to protect our team and other donors, please do not present to donate if you are not feeling well or have a fever. The test being offered is an antibody test and is NOT a diagnostic test.
- How long and where will MBS be offering the COVID-19 antibody test?
- The COVID-19 antibody test will be available to all donors at our Cleveland, Flowood and Oxford locations through Friday, July31st as well as select mobile blood drives.
- Is the COVID-19 antibody test different from a diagnostic test?
- The COVID-19 antibody test does not test for the presence of COVID-19. The antibody test looks to see if the blood contains antibodies to the virus. The test does not check for the presence of an active COVID-19 infection.
- Do I need to donate blood to get the COVID-19 antibody test?
- Yes, in order to get the COVID-19 antibody test, a complete donation must be given. This test is available to donors that complete a whole blood, platelet or double red blood cell donation.
- If I test positive for the COVID-19 antibody, then what?
- We would encourage you to consider donating Convalescent Plasma. Plasma derived from donations that test positive for the COVID-19 antibody will likely be designated as convalescent plasma. Learn more about donating convalescent plasma by contacting Noreen Haley at email@example.com.
- How will I receive my results after I donate?
- Your results will be sent to you via email within 1 week of your donation. You will need to make sure you provide your email to the phlebotomist during registration to ensure receipt of your results. IF you do not recieve your emailed results within 1 week of donation date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can previous donations be used to test for COVID-19 antibody?
- No. However stay tuned as we may offer antibody testing again in the near future.